I first met Mitch when we worked together at naked communications - a strategy agency with an always open bar adjacent to our desks, long punishing hours and more fun than you could shake a stick at. I'm now lucky to count Mitch as one of my very best friends. We've been through many a long boozy lunch and life event together and now we count sharing menopause as a further bond.
Mitch continues to create incredible strategies for australian brands, and inspire the next generation of women in advertising. here's Michelle in 13 questions, enjoy xo.
1. Can you tell us your age Mitch?
I'm in the 50-54 bracket
2. What’s the song that takes you back to childhood the most? (I couldn’t choose just one so multiple songs are totally acceptable!)
Pass the Dutchie by Musical Youth. My Dad would play this on Sunday’s. Sunday’s were the days when the house was full of music and we would have something special for tea.
3. Who was your first real life teen crush? Did you ever get together?
Steven Williams, he was a bronzed god with a bowl haircut. We never got together, he didn’t even notice me when we were at school but when we got older he did. By that time he had bad teeth and was no longer my type.
4. Who, What or Where makes you feel good every time?
Silly dancing. Seeing the wonders of the world and hanging out with my nephews.
5. What's your favourite item in your wardrobe?
My camel coat.
6. What's the most worn item in your wardrobe?
My camel coat.
7. Who is your style hero?
I don’t really have one, I see stylish women walking the streets everywhere.
8. What's your perception of the 40's? Has that changed since you joined this decade?
I feel like I still had my youth in my 40’s, I was dating, dancing and doing my best not to be a responsible adult.
9. How do you feel about the 50's?
In my 50's time is catching up with me and I realise for the first time I can’t stop the ageing process, even though I’m going to give it a dam good try!!!
10. What are the 3 words which come to mind when I say 'menopause'?
Flushes, weight gain, getting old
11. How do you feel about menopause?
I’ve come to terms with the fact that it took the decision to have kids out of my hands, but I’m frustrated with it never having an expiry date. I’m 5 yrs in and there is no sign of it letting up.
12. What would you like to be known for?
I liked to say for being kind but that would be a lie. I want to be known for being smart. The older you get, the more you start to question what you've achieved.
13. What are you looking forward to today?
My bf coming home :)
Comments will be approved before showing up.
please check your inbox for discount code